Have You Seen The Best Commercial Embroidery Machine? Reviews and Guide
Looking to invest in the best commercial embroidery machine for your business? You are on the right page.
Industrial embroidery machines come in different price ranges. From $500 to $50K and with lots of options available. Selecting the right machine is like finding gold in the mud.
Don't worry, I've got you covered!
First, I have listed some of the best commercial embroidery machine reviews. And second, provided a guide to finding the top-rated commercial embroidery machines.
Why buy a professional embroidery machine?
Is your embroidery business booming?
New updated embroidery machines are always coming onto the market. You could decide to swap your old machine for a new one.
Or do you have brilliant embroidery machine skills and a knack of handling customers?
Then why not own one? Considering the life of a machine, it can be fruitful for the next 25 years or more.
It doesn't matter what your situation is. Reading our reviews will help you to find the best commercial embroidery machine.
The Best Commercial Embroidery Machines Options:
Here's the list of the top embroidery machines for commercial use.
Brother Designio Series DZ820E
Brother Designio DZ820E is not an industrial embroidery machine.
But, if you are starting up, this machine will be a delight to you:
- 136 built-in embroidery designs; including six fonts for lettering.
- Largest embroidery area is 5” x 7”.
- It allows easy threading with the automatic needle threader.
- Automatic thread trimmer.
- Editing features include in-design edit. You can rotate the image, mirror it and reduce or increase the size of the design.
- An LCD to keep you up with the designing your way to it.
- The USB port is one of the most crucial requirements when you buy an embroidery machine for business.
- Browse through thousands of compatible design options on www.ibroidery.com. There is a mix of free designs and those you might need to buy.
Janome Horizon Memory Craft 12000
One of the best made by Janome.
It is an ideal machine for both sewing and embroidery projects.
It is a heavy, stable and sturdy machine.
Into quilting? You can sew as well as embroidery your quilt on this machine:
- On the right side of the needle, there is 11” space to work on big projects.
- 425 built-in stitches.
- Editing is super easy on this with large screen provided. You can work your way through designs.
- You can stitch up to the 9mm stitch width that caters the most business requirements.
- It has an Acufeed flex system that is a fantastic fabric feeding system. It gives you power and precision by evenly feeding fabric from top and bottom.
- It is a dream machine for business. You can design your decorative stitches from scratch on it. Exactly as requested by your customer requirements.
Janome MB-4N- Not Recommended
The MB-4N one of the comfortable commercial embroidery machines to work with. Just set the machine and walk away.
You can do embroidery on caps, hats, shirts, jackets, sweaters, and sweatbands. You can even embroider on canvas and leather on this machine.
- It is a heavy-duty machine that comes with four needles.
- One of the most significant benefits? You can embroider many fabrics; be it lightweight or thick.
- Four needles in a machine mean easy color coordination and blending of threads is not an issue. This machine excels in creating multi-colored or monotone embroidery designs. It is so much more powerful compared to single or double needle machines.
- A design that takes two hours with a single needle machine takes way less time with a four needle machine. The faster turnaround makes it the perfect machine for a bustling business.
- It comes with three hoops and also compatible with many industry-standard hoops.
- Comes with a large LCD screen – easy to set, design and give instructions to this machine.
- LED light provides extra light and focuses on your work.
- Separate bobbin winder.
- It is one of the busiest machines with 800 stitches per minutes.
It has lots of negative reviews online.
New Compact Single head 15 needle embroidery machine
It works best with bags, leather bags, hats, caps, and other such hard things. It means its needles are good enough to drill into any fabric.
- It comes with a large touchscreen and USB port.
- It's made for heavy duty work
- Its expansive memory space can save up to 100 million stitches.
- It supports DST, DSZ and DSB files.
- You can do tubular, cap and flat embroidery with this machine. You can also do lettering with its built-in software.
- You have the option to choose from 22 thousand designs on this machine.
- It has a vast working space of 19.7 x 13.8 inch.
- You can choose from different hoops. Garment, Cap, or Broad frame depending on your requirements. The size of the largest hoop is 19.7 x 13.8 inches, and the smallest is 3.5 inches.
CamFive CFHS-CT1508 10H 8 heads
CAMFive’s collaboration with Panasonic is evident. They have the Panasonic servo motor included in this vast commercial embroidery machine.
You will get seamless and precise embroidery stitches every time with this machine.
- Since it has servo Panasonic motor, it is powerful, speedy and low consumption at the same time.
- It's a 15 needle machine and is fast and perfect for manufacturing units.
- It can access many languages. Just set it to your preferred language with the control panel, and you are ready to go.
- Large touch screen to watch, design and control your work.
- It supports various standard design files including DSB, EMB, DSZ and DST files.
- All the needle heads come with thread stopper. That means, you can control thread and it will not come off from the idle needle heads.
- The thread break detection sensors stop the machine immediately if the thread breaks.
- There's no need to cut thread manually with the automatic thread cutter. It saves time by auto cutting the thread on color change.
One of the finest ten needle embroidery machine.
- Although it's a great home embroidery machine, it's a network ready. You can connect many EM machines to create your commercial production system.
- One of the powerful single head embroidery machines comes with powerful software. That does not disappoint you.
- You can use the design manager to search, organize and create your embroidery designs. This flexibility means you can set up according to your business needs.
- You can combine designs and simulate embroidery stitches with its stitch player option.
- It has extensive options for lettering fonts. You can select any of the ten built-in lettering fonts for monogramming.
- The thread break detection system detects the breakage of missed stitches or broken thread. And it instantly pauses the process.
- It is mandatory to flip the design by 180 degrees whenever you do embroidery on caps. The machine saves time by flipping automatically.
- Connect your machine directly to your LAN or USB to upload design from computer to the machine.
- You can choose your preferred language from many available.
What's the best industrial embroidery machine for me?
I've listed the crucial points to consider when buying a machine to match your needs.
If you're starting your business, investing in Brother’s Designo or PE770 makes sense.
Do you have a larger budget? And have quilting embroidery in mind? You can invest in the Janome Horizon memory craft. It is the perfect machine for you. It is a mid-arm quilting, sewing and embroidery machine.
CamFive and New compact machines are industrial standard industrial machines. Used for significant manufacturing operations. You can efficiently work on these machines with little hassle. They are new-age advanced machines.
If you need a home based machine that can be used for business, then Ricoma EM-1010 is an excellent machine for you. With the power of 10 needles and with the backing of powerful software you can get your work done in a blink of an eye.
Lastly, I would like to highlight the Janome MB-4N. It is a compact embroidery machine that could be ideal for a small business. People might argue it's also fantastic for start-ups and workshops, but I would not recommend it.
Still not sure? Don't hesitate. Go to workshops and try these machines.
Many machine vendors allow customers to book an appointment for a class. You can attend the class and learn what the machine does. And will help you find the right machine.
How to select the best commercial embroidery machine. The ultimate guide.
What do you look for when acquiring an embroidery machine for business?
After all, you don't go shopping for a commercial embroidery machine every day.
Here's what will help you make the right choice:
Craft a business plan
Yes! Having a business plan is crucial. And especially important when you are starting your embroidery business.
It gives you clarity and an understanding of the returns you can expect.
Do you buy a new or a used machine? No need to panic because the business plan will guide your decision. It will identify the most suitable one and what you can afford.
Browse and window shop
I always recommend you visit your nearest stores and look at the machines. Also, visit a few embroiderers and get to know their views.
Visit sewing workshops and meet people. In the era of the global village, you can easily connect to forums with knowledgeable people. Ask questions and collect the information you need.
Understand your requirements
Listing your requirements is essential.
There will be many options available. With many features both basic and advanced.
There is no sense investing in an advanced machine if you don't need to.
Throat size matters a lot in single or double needle machines. Make sure they can handle the thickness of your fabrics.
It is not such a big deal with most multiple-needle machines. These needles are placed above the machine.
Do you need a combo machine?
Do you sew as well as embroider in your business? If so, selecting a hybrid machine could be a good choice.
What to look in for in an advanced machine?
Want an advanced business embroidery machine? Make sure you check the following:
- Does it have designs already loaded?
- Can it import and save custom designs?
- Does it include lettering designs?
- Does it only work with specific software?
Knowing the answers will mean no regrets later.
New Vs. Used
What is the better option for a small business? A secondhand or a new embroidery machine?
If you are on a budget and a secondhand machine does the job, go for it. Especially if there it is still under warranty and spares are plentiful.
A new machine will likely have unique features that save a lot of time and money. And you won't have to worry about maintenance costs for some time.
Then again you may want a fresh looking design and a new experience.
If you are about to buy a new machine; always look for those that can be upgraded by adding equipment. That avoids the need to start over again hunting for another one.
Like, can you add frames, hoops and needle heads and so on. Yes! There are a few machines that can help you upgrade by adding equipment.
Short-listed the embroidery machines for your business? Remember, it is essential you try them at least once before buying.
There's no point buying a machine that is difficult to use or that you don't like.
Have you made your decision?
We've reviewed the best machines available and provided a guide for your decision.
You can now choose the commercial embroidery machine that's best for you.
You can read our previous article on the home embroidery machines here!